Monday, January 23, 2012

Shipping (USPS) price increases, and some GOOD news.

Hi all,

I'm sure you've all heard about the USPS price increases that are effective starting today 1/23/12 - If you haven't, HERE is a link with some information.

How has this affected Happy Button Soap Co?

Well, I've had to adjust my shipping rates, which are still broken down into zones 1-8 for domestic Regional Rate shipping, in addition to the small and Medium flat rates...all shipping rates are calculated based on two things: Zip code, to determine your zone for regional rate, and also Dollar amount spent, which would determine the size box needed. The overall impact of the price increase was very minimal for all domestic shipping...less than a .50 cent increase...in some cases, only 10 or 15 cents. Not much to worry about.

I have already adjust the prices in paypal, so when you check out, the shipping rates are the new shipping rates.

Now, As I've had an ongoing problem with International shipping prices, this price increase REALLY made things worse...in some cases, as much as $3.00 More! I was very upset about this, so I have made a decision which I think, will be a WELCOME relief to those who are international, and would like to order, but don't want to pay the ridiculous prices - I've decided to accept International orders by EMAIL and to ship those orders in PADDED Flat Rate Envelopes. Yes, this is exactly what I have mentioned several times that I did not wish to do, BUT, I care about my customers more than some stupid price increase, that will make it less likely for them to want to order - so I've decided to offer this for INTERNATIONAL customers ONLY. The Domestic shipping is cheap enough, and most of my orders are coming from the USA, so I would prefer to keep the integrity of the boxes used for shipping in 90% of the orders. Since I receive very few international orders, this is only a small risk I am taking on, and one I feel will benefit them to order more product which would make the cost of shipping worth it. Down the line, it is still my hope to be able to offer First Class shipping through the post office.

The padded envelope shipping cost is:

$12.95 for Canada and Mexico, and $16.95 for anywhere else in the world (obviously excluding USA).

What will fit in a padded envelope:

  • Up to 5 full size scrubs, a sample pack (included in every order) and some smaller items such as lip balms or solid perfumes. 
  • Or  4 full size scrubs, and a shampoo and conditioner. 
  • If you're not sure if it will fit - Just email me and ask :) I can make sure before you commit to the order.

So, international customers can email me at happybuttonsoap@gmail.com with your order request, and I will send an invoice with the padded envelope shipping cost.  Once payment is received, Order will be packed and shipped.

Again, this option is for International customers only!

(**USA customers ordering a single scrub will also receive the padded envelope, rather then a small flat rate box, due to the size of the scrubs containers which I had mentioned in a previous Facebook post: The low profile containers were out of stock, so I had to order the taller ones. They are still 8oz, as usual - Cost is still the same as small flat rate.)

I hope this Helps - Even though small flat rate also went up a bit, better to be able to order more products than what would typically be able to fit into a small flat rate box to make it worthwhile, at lease in my opinion!

Thanks for your understanding!

xoxo
~Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment