Friday, September 30, 2011

A Few Quick Updates...

Just a few quick things to note before the shop opens on Sunday:

1.) The shop will open at 6:30pm EST on Sunday October 2, 2011. Keep your eye on the Happy Button Soap facebook page, should there be any last minute changes.

2.)Thirteen O'Clock has been reborn! I decided to go back to the drawing board with this one, and test my original concept, and it was perfect! I'll be updating the site with the new description momentarily.

Thirteen O'Clock: The smell of Victory; Fresh long-stem red roses mingled bubbly Champagne















3.) I tweaked The Missus, and it now represents the original scent I was aiming for, I also tweaked Autumn Harvest...there just wasn't enough pumpkin for my taste, and now there's lots of glorious pumpkin mixed in with the fall leaves!













4.) I've tested out the shipping boxes for those that might be curious - The small flat rate shipping boxes can ONLY fit either 1 of each: shampoo & Conditioner bottles, OR 2 lotions. This is the cheapest shipping option, but with the size and shape of my containers, I cannot fit a full size scrub in them. The Post office yelled at me when I tried...LOL

Medium Flat Rate can fit a LOT. This will probably be the best option for just about everyone. I can fit up to 12 full size scrubs in 1 medium box (not sure why there is such a HUGE difference between small and medium, but whatever!) or 8 full size scrubs and a shampoo and conditioner. Either way, There is plenty of room to play with here. The Large box is even bigger, so if you need one of these, you're buying too much...haha (not really, you can never have too much!!!)

5.) Just as a reminder, my goal is to have this shop open all the time, rather than only for a few sales a year. I will be stocking only limited quantities at a time so that I can do two things: keep my TAT short, like 2 days, and also not to completely overwhelm myself, as I'm only 1 person, and I also have a separate full time job on top of all of this. With that said, don't worry if things sell out quickly, just check back in a day or two, and it will always get re-stocked. I imagine this will only be an issue when I first open, then once all initial orders are filled, it'll calm down more, and will probably be stocked all the time. Just bear with me, as we get things going. If you have any questions about this, just email me at happybuttonsoap@gmail.com

Can't wait for Sunday!
~Bree
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Bree, if you are able to print shipping at usps online, you should really consider ordering the regional rate A and B boxes. (boxes are free, but have to be ordered post offices do not carry them) I just shipped 5 or six scrubs and a whole bunch of decants to Teresa for 5.58 in the A box. The box is huge, it weighed over 3 pounds. The rate will vary by region, but some folks could really save on shipping this way! Best of luck on your grand opening, the website is spiffy and your products are simply amazing! I am sure you'll do well and keep busy! I'll see you tomorrow at opening time!

    ReplyDelete