Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shipping Update!

Hi all,

just a couple quick shipping updates...I further addressed the shipping issue, because I just wasn't happy with Big Cartel's settings, and I hated to discourage international people from even making a small order, due to 1 set shipping rate, so I changed that!!

I decided to use Paypal's shipping profiles instead of Bigcartel's, so now when you click the check out button, you will be re-directed to Paypal. It will ask you to enter your Zipcode, if within the US, or click on "Outside of the US" just next to that if you are International.

For Domestic shipping, I was able to break up all the states into Zones 2-8, with the regional rate pricing. So automatically, when you place an order, it will give you the appropriate regional rate for your zip/state. Some states were half in one zone, and half in another, so I went the the majority - there's only a very small difference, like maybe up to 50 cents per zone, and if it's significant at all, which it shouldn't be, I will still refund shipping.

Also, I broke it down by Dollar amount spent - so if you are only placing a small order, for $16.50 or less (which would be for one scrub, and a smaller *coming soon* item, 2 lotions, or a shampoo) it will automatically defualt to the small flat rate shipping of $5.00 ANYWHERE in the US. anything over $16.50 up to $50.00 would be Regional rate A shipping for your state, and if it's over $50.00, it would either go Regional Rate B if in Zones 1-4, or Medium flat rate ($10.50) from zones 5-8 (MFR in these zones is cheaper than regional rate. )

As for internationals - I still only have small, medium, and large flat rate, BUT, as I did for the domestic shipping, I also broke the international orders down by amount - so if you spend $16.50 or less, and are in Canada and Mexico, it will automatically default to Small flat rate which is $11.35, and anything over that amount will default to Medium flat rate, which is $26.55

For any other Country aside from Canada and Mexico, The same holds true - If you place an order for $16.50 or less, the shipping will default to small flat rate at $13.25, and anything over that amount will default to Medium Flat Rate shipping for $43.22  (this will hold up to 12 scrubs! so it's a good size box.)

I hope this helps you all when placing orders, so you wont have to put down more that what it will cost, also if I spend less time refunding shipping on every order, I can be making more product!


Have a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving Holiday!!

xoxo
~Bree

No comments:

Post a Comment